Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Prayer Changes Me

There is an old adage that says time heals all wounds. All wounds? How much time does it take?

Wounds can be deep.
Thoughtless and cruel words can wound.
Action or inaction can wound.
Wounds can be self inflicted.
Some wounds can't be seen by the naked eye.

So, how does time heal all wounds?

Through prayer.

Countless books have been written on prayer. The power of prayer, devotional prayers, prayers of faith ~ all prayer is the above and so much more as I discover each day.

I am still learning after 30 + years about prayers. I want to know how to pray. Effectively. The Word of God says in James that the fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much.

I know that God wants us to pray. We are encouraged to pray daily, in fact, we are to pray without ceasing! Wow - how can I do that? Sounds sort of like a monologue to me! I know that each day as I pray, my faith gets stronger. I am a determined little lady. I have been called a little bull dog with a bone and even a little general, manning the control post. The fact is, that God calls us to pray for people, situations, things that don't always include my personal life. I guess in the broadest range of view, all prayer would affect me.
I want my prayers answered. How will I know my prayers are worthy enough to be answered? In and of myself is nothing of worth ~ without the blood of Christ. Everything that is important to me is of import and value to the Lord. But how does praying for those in Italy living through the aftermath of an earthquake affect me? I don't know.
I just know that God calls me to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment